In today’s world where the internet has invaded every inch of our space, it’s hard to find homes without an internet connection. Gone are the days when there was only one computer in a household that needed to be connected to the internet. With the advent of smart devices and the need for wireless convenience, a home wireless network has almost become a necessity in every house.
Can I set-up a wireless network myself?
If you do a quick search on the internet, you will find a million tutorials showing you how you can set-up your wireless network yourself. The basic steps involved are as follows.
- Turn off your modem
- Use an Ethernet cable to connect the modem to your router through its WAN port
- Connect your computer to the router through the LAN port
- Login to the router’s website for set-up
- Set-up your username and password
Even though the steps look straightforward it is not going to be easy unless you are a hard-core DIY enthusiast with at least a basic understanding of computers and network.
Computer services for setting-up wireless network
The best way to set-up a wireless network for your home would be to get professional help. Finding computer repairs Brisbane should not take you a lot of effort as there are quite a number of reliable service centers that you can find.
Ensure that your computer service center is able to take care of all wireless-network related services so that you can call them again later when needed. Look for the following services.
- Wireless network troubleshooting support
- Wireless network repair
- Firewall set-up for your wireless network
- Adding Encryption to your network to prevent unauthorized access